Tuesday, January 15, 2013

From the notes of April Jackson..

Today marks the birth date of one of the most famous Arican American leaders  of all time.  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. left behind a legacy that was amazing. Being able to wear so many hats as a leader for the people in his community, his state, his culture and for humanity. Dr. King was a wonderful organizer, who at any given moment could spark a word of inspiration into the life of his people. From his speech "I have a Dream" in 1963 at the March on Washington. To his final speech "I've been to the mountaintop" Dr. King has always been noted as one of the greatest orators in American History. Just like Dr. King I too have a passion for people, and I believe the time is now for me to try to take that step to be the voice for the people. I know I'm fit for the job! Making it happen through Action! ~April Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment